Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install fails for bamboo, need a roadmap for upgrading 4.4.5 to current bamboo

Warren Goldman April 5, 2016

So the roadmap says to reinstall current version (4.4.5) to my new server, first, then import, then upgrade.

The new server has jdk1.8, but apparently 4.4.5 is not compatible with that (see log snippet below).

guessing I will need java8 when I upgrade to current bamboo version. Not sure how to proceed here.

This is really a pain man. backup existing bamboo, install old version,get the damn driver for mysql, setup mysql database via sql commands, import old data, then upgrade (sure I am missing steps).... sad

2016-04-05 16:45:51,548 ERROR [qtp2117255219-16] [runtime] Expression webResourceManager is undefined on line 22, column 11 in fragments/decorator/decorators.ftl.

Expression webResourceManager is undefined on line 22, column 11 in fragments/decorator/decorators.ftl.
The problematic instruction:
----------
==> ${webResourceManager.requireResourcesForContext(resourceContext)} [on line 22, column 9 in fragments/decorator/decorators.ftl]
in user-directive decorators.displayHtmlHeader [on line 3, column 1 in fragments/decorator/htmlHeader.ftl]
in include "/fragments/decorator/htmlHeader.ftl" [on line 1, column 1 in decorators/main.ftl]
----------

Java backtrace for programmers:
----------
freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression webResourceManager is undefined on line 22, column 11 in fragments/decorator/decorators.ftl.
at freemarker.core.TemplateObject.assertNonNull(TemplateObject.java:124)
at freemarker.core.TemplateObject.invalidTypeException(TemplateObject.java:134)
at freemarker.core.Dot._getAsTemplateModel(Dot.java:78)

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

Warren,

I feel your pain. I've encountered something similar when upgrading Bamboo in the past from older versions. You're right, this is a Java 8 compatibility issue. What has worked for me is:

1. Get the environment up-and-running again
  2. Shut down the environment
  3. Upgrade Java to 1.8, make sure the $JAVA_HOME directory is correctly set to save yourself the headache
  4. Perform the upgrade as usual

To protect yourself in the future, definitely refer to the Supported Platforms for any application before the upgrade, and be sure to read the Upgrade Guide and Release Notes to further save yourself from the headache!

Let me know if you have any questions, or how it goes after you get it back to square 1.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events