Incorrect documentation regarding PostgreSQL driver inclusion with Bamboo

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO40/PostgreSQL+8.2 states that the PostgreSQL driver is included with Bamboo, but the driver is only included in the installer package, not in the WAR-only package.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jason,

I have investigated this further and subsequently created a task to our technical writers to update our docs. You can view this ticket; https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11666 and add yourself as a watcher.

BSP-7376 has been raised to get this sorted.

In the installation guide, we have mentioned as thus:

Please note, the JDBC driver for PostgreSQL 8.2 (PostgreSQL Driver 8.4.x) is bundled with Bamboo. You do not have to download and install the driver.

This means that the Postgres driver is included in all distributions ranging from the .exe, lib,zip and the WAR distributions.

Quoting Renen Battaglin [Atlassian] from support ticket BSP-7239:

"The WAR version is not shipped with the DB Drivers. I've attached to this ticket the PostgreSQL driver that we ship with the standalone version. You can put it inside the ../Tomacat/lib/ folder. "

It was only after I downloaded the driver and installed it (noting that I installed it in ../Tomcat/lib/ ;-) ) that Bamboo was able to find the database and connect to it.

Either the docs are wrong or the WAR file was incorrectly packaged, but either way something needs to be fixed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

307 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you