Is there a way to assign specific permissions for a group in a Bamboo project?

Julio Carlos Barrera July 15, 2014

I want a to have a set of developers (members of a group) to be able to create and manage plans of an specific existing project, but not in others. Is this possible? How can I achieve it?

We are using Bamboo 4.1.2 build 3103 - 22 jun 12.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2014

Hi Julio,

Yes, you can manage the plan's permissions. Here is how to:

1. Click Administrationin the menu bar.
  2. Click Bulk Edit Plan Permissionsin the left navigation panel.
  3. Select the plans whose permissions you wish to edit, then clickNext(at the bottom of the screen).

4. You can set plan permissions for the categories of users in the table below.

5. Select the check box for each permission that you wish to grant to the user or group.
  6. ClickSave

Source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO041/Granting+plan+permissions+in+bulk

Cheers!

Julio Carlos Barrera July 17, 2014

I don't want to manage plans permissions, I want to allow users to create plans in an specific set of projects. With your approach I will need to create plans as administrator and then add group permissions each time I create a new plan.

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2014

Hi,

I am not sure that you can restrict this permission to projects but you can grant users global permission to create plans.

More info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO041/Granting+global+permissions+to+users+or+groups

Kevin Duane July 17, 2014

We were trying to do the same thing and I don't think it is possible on a project level basis. If you have a template plan within a project you can give people cloning ability which might be restricted to the project (not 100% sure about that though).

Julio Carlos Barrera July 20, 2014

I think this would be a great feature. In my organization we have a set of projects, and we want to give permissions to a defined set of users (group) only for the projects they work. For instance, we want a group can create/modify plans for a project, but not for all projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events