Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the build on Bamboo remote agent on Windows fails the spawn process is not stopped

Reinhard Moser
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2015

I use Bamboo 5.7.2 with a remote agent on Windows Server 2012. When my maven build fails on the remote agent then the build process there is not stopped. I was using a clean build so all files are cleaned away. But this does not work here because on Windows the still running process blocks the directory and bamboo can not remove it.

Does anybody know a solution for this?

I am using:

• Windows Server 2012
  • Bamboo 5.7.2
  • JDK 1.8u40
  • Maven 3.2.5

Thanks

Reinhard

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2015

Hello Reinhard,

Thank you for your question.

Please, notice Bamboo v5.7.2 does not support JDK 1.8. Due to that, I would kindly ask you to downgrade JDK to 1.7 or upgrade Bamboo to v5.8.1, please.

Please, refer to the following documentation for further information 

Please, make sure Bamboo remote agents are running the same JDK major version as the Bamboo server.

Regarding on Maven build and process not stopping, I would kindly ask you to replicate the issue raise a Support request providing the following:

1. please, add a Script task to your build plan with the following content:

echo "==== requested information ===="
    mvn -version
  2. please, attach build log
    bamboo.buildLog.png
  3. please, attach Bamboo Support Zip (Bamboo Administration >> System >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Zip >> Create)
  4. please, attach "<bamboo-agent-home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log"
  5. please, comment on the ticket raise the URL to this inquire.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Reinhard Moser
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

Hi Rafael,

i updated to the version 5.8.1 and this fixed the issue.

Thanks

Reinhard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events