If the build on Bamboo remote agent on Windows fails the spawn process is not stopped

I use Bamboo 5.7.2 with a remote agent on Windows Server 2012. When my maven build fails on the remote agent then the build process there is not stopped. I was using a clean build so all files are cleaned away. But this does not work here because on Windows the still running process blocks the directory and bamboo can not remove it.

Does anybody know a solution for this?

I am using:

• Windows Server 2012
  • Bamboo 5.7.2
  • JDK 1.8u40
  • Maven 3.2.5

Thanks

Reinhard

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hello Reinhard,

Thank you for your question.

Please, notice Bamboo v5.7.2 does not support JDK 1.8. Due to that, I would kindly ask you to downgrade JDK to 1.7 or upgrade Bamboo to v5.8.1, please.

Please, refer to the following documentation for further information 

Please, make sure Bamboo remote agents are running the same JDK major version as the Bamboo server.

Regarding on Maven build and process not stopping, I would kindly ask you to replicate the issue raise a Support request providing the following:

1. please, add a Script task to your build plan with the following content:

echo "==== requested information ===="
    mvn -version
  2. please, attach build log
    bamboo.buildLog.png
  3. please, attach Bamboo Support Zip (Bamboo Administration >> System >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Zip >> Create)
  4. please, attach "<bamboo-agent-home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log"
  5. please, comment on the ticket raise the URL to this inquire.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Hi Rafael,

i updated to the version 5.8.1 and this fixed the issue.

Thanks

Reinhard

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,095 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot