If a plan has multiple build plans, will the second child plan not start until the first child is complete?

David Karr October 21, 2013

We recently upgraded to Bamboo 4.4.5, from I believe 3.4.3.

One thing I noticed is that there seems to be less flexibility in setting child plan relationships. I used to be able to change a child plan and make itself a child of another plan, without changing the parent plan. I could set this so the child plan would run asynchronously from the parent plan. Now, in 4.4.5, I have to edit the parent plan in order to have a child plan. This could be just a minor annoyance, as long as the functionality is still the same.

Where I'm really concerned is when I have multiple child plans. I would think that in the old Bamboo, I could define multiple child plans that would start asynchronously after the parent plan completes. I never tested that, but it seems logical.

Now, in 4.4.5, I have to define all of the child plans specifically in the parent, and they are listed in a specific order. There is no indication of whether these plans will run synchronously or asynchronously. I would assume that if it doesn't state it, it would be synchronously. That could be a big problem if someone needs the results from the second plan and the first plan takes a long time to complete, and the two plans are not dependent on each other.

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2013

When the parent plan finishes all his children are queued immediately. They will then build as soon as agents are free to pick them up (so if you have enought agents, they will all start building in parallel)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events