I would like to see all recipient addresses on emails from Bamboo

Currently each notified user only sees his own email address on build success or failure. This is unnecessarily paranoid.

Many times Recipient A might waste time notifiying a developer (Recipient B) who's already been notified by Bamboo -- but there's no way for Recipcient A to know that.

How can I configure Bamboo to only send a single email to all recipients instead of one email per recipient?

1 answer

1 accepted

Currently it doesn't allow this. I looked at the code for the recipients and transport and regardless of the type of recipient seems to send to each one individually. Your best bet is to create an email distribution list and have the build send to it.

Bamboo/FishEye/Crucible are collaborative products. Atlassian is NOT helping with the collaboration part by keeping email recipients PRIVATE. I think Atlassian should revisit their policy on this rather than each customer create and maintain a bunch of email distribution lists (which at least in my company requires IT intervention.)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,814 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you