Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using VS Test Runner and on all test pass, parser takes 1 minute to parse results

Mike Clancy September 3, 2017

Slowly but sure I'm adding more unit test projects to my Stage, the tests themselves were begining to take a while so I originally tried to create a new stage and have parallel jobs for the tests but I couldn't get that working because of each jobs working directory being different and I did not see a variable like "previous job" or "Build job working directory" for the actual build job and not any job but I digress.  Right now my current issue is I'm using VS Test runner and the execution of the tests is good, however, parsing of the results when looking at the Bamboo log there is 1 minute between the time it begins parsing and ends parsing.  Example logging:

build	03-Sep-2017 11:20:22	Test Run Successful.
build	03-Sep-2017 11:20:22	Test execution time: 4.1856 Seconds
simple	03-Sep-2017 11:21:22	Parsing test results under

I am not using a Test Parsing task, for one, I only see MS Test Parser and I'm not sure if that is going to be applicable to the VS Test runner.  Is there something I'm missing in either my task setup or maybe plan default/stage that can squeeze the waste between the time it takes to parse the results and the running of the tests?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017

Hi Mike,

If you can reproduce this on demand go ahead and do so.  Once you do, check to see what the logs say before and after the error you posted.  Additionally can you attach the file the parser creates?

On a related note there is a feature request to provide a VSTest Runner to replace the MSTest Runner that you can find at BAM-17716.  Please vote on this issue to add impact so we can get that added to Bamboo soon.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events