cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Bamboo
  • Questions
  • I have 2 users configured identically, same groups, both can log into Jira and Confluence but only one can log into Bamboo

I have 2 users configured identically, same groups, both can log into Jira and Confluence but only one can log into Bamboo

David_Mills November 26, 2015

I even deletd and re-created the user and then added this user directly as a user in Bamboo but they still cannot log in.

The Crowd Application "Authentication" test fails for this user but gives no indication why.

How can I diagnose whatever is blocking their logging in?

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2015

Hello David,

Thank you for your inquire.

When setting up User repositories in Bamboo, you have the following options:

• Local users and groups (connects with users from Bamboo Internal Directory)
  • Users and groups from JIRA or Crowd (connects with users from JIRA or Crowd)
  • Custom user repository (connects with users from LDAP)

Lets say you have the following user:

• Name: User A
    username: user.a, password: 123
    (Bamboo Internal Directory)
  • Name: User A
    username: user.a, password: 456
    (JIRA or Crowd)
  • Name User A
    username: user.a, password: 789
    (LDAP)

When selecting Local users and groups under User repositories, Bamboo will authenticate user.a (Bamboo Internal Directory)

When selecting Users and groups from JIRA or Crowd under User repositories, Bamboo will authenticate user.a (JIRA or Crowd)

When selecting Users and groups from JIRA or Crowd under User repositories, Bamboo will authenticate user.a (LDAP)

Even if you have two users with the same username, Bamboo will attempt on authenticate with the first user found based on the User repositories option selected.

In JIRA and Crowd, you have option to select which Directory will be used first (Mapping a Directory to an Application) and this will define the user Bamboo will attempt on authenticate against.

When setting up LDAP with Bamboo, the order giving to the "atlassian-users.xml" file will determine from which directory Bamboo will authenticate the user against.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

David_Mills November 27, 2015

Hi Rafael, We only use Crowd. Having said that it is possible that someone had created a second coy elsewhere. However whether I look via crowd or via bamboo I only see one user of that name and when I deleted the user in crowd, neither crowd nor bamboo showed any users of that name. How can I make certain that I only have the crowd user? And if I do only have the crowd user, what else might be the problem? Regards, David Mills

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events