Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 bamboo instances with different sets of users.

Gbowe February 17, 2015

Which groups do I use in JIRA-Crowd to auth each.

The default group is bamboo-users which I have been using on our long time running instance of bamboo. We now purchased a new instance of Bamboo for a different group but they will authenticate via the same JIRA-Crowd. Can I setup which group the new instance users for its users?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

I think you should create another JIRA User Server to handle your second Bamboo instance. Though, the same users, groups and memberships will be used for both Bamboo instances. 

Can I setup which group the new instance users for its users?

Create a new group in JIRA called bambo-users-new and use this new group in the 2nd Bamboo's permission architecture.

Gbowe February 17, 2015

Thanks Timothy. So login still requires membership to bamboo-users right? And then I would set permissions on build plans based on my new list of users?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

No. Login requires the user to be granted the Access Bamboo permission (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Granting+global+permissions+to+users+or+groups) no matter which group you create in JIRA.

Gbowe February 17, 2015

Excellent. That works great. Thanks again Timothy,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events