cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Bamboo
  • Questions
  • I am using MSTest Runner to run the unit tests. However, I need to pass /category parameter to it. The MSTest Runner Task in Bamboo does no seem to have this option, can someone assist me please?

I am using MSTest Runner to run the unit tests. However, I need to pass /category parameter to it. The MSTest Runner Task in Bamboo does no seem to have this option, can someone assist me please?

Awais Ahmed Awan September 15, 2014

I am using MSTest Runner to run the unit tests. However, I need to pass /category parameter to it. The MSTest Runner Task in Bamboo does no seem to have this option, can someone assist me please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2014

Looks like we do not provide such functionality. Alternative options are:

• can you specify the category using environment variable? If so then you might use Environment variables field in task configuration
  • using script task

I've also created an improvement request on your behalf: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15032. Please vote on this to increase its visibility.

Awais Ahmed Awan September 16, 2014

Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it. I have not explored using the environment variables. However, I am using script task as an alternative for now. But the annoying thing with the script task is that, bamboo does not know, by default, the results of the tests (passed/failed). Do you happen to know a way around that? If I use an MStest Parser in conjunction with the test runner, will it do the said bit (where bamboo tells you upfront how many tests were passed/failed, etc). Have you used this combination, or do you have some suggestion regarding this? Many thanks. Awais

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2014

That's exactly what the MSTest parser task will do. It will analyze file produced by mstest.exe and feed Bamboo with data on passed/failed tests

Awais Ahmed Awan September 16, 2014

but there is a small problem, if the tests are failing, the parser task does not get executed, or at least does not update the bamboo. Am I missing something? I dont see a point if the parser just shows 100% passed tests.

Paul Mateos August 25, 2015

Hi Awais. You mentioned that you have got this working by using a script task. can you please provide us with what you implemented. Thanks

Matthias Kolbe June 29, 2016

yes, this would really be great because the output of mstest runner always stops the process sad

HURRICANE Support August 1, 2016

run it as a final task

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events