How to use /testlist with /testmetadata

chris spencer May 13, 2014

I'm attempting to use the MSTest Runner as per this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO053/MSTest+Runner

I enter the path to the <solutionName>.vsmdi file and this appears to work. However, I need to use the /testlist option in order to filter which tests are run. There does not appear to be an obvious place to enter this extra parameter in the UI. I've tried simply adding it after the path to the metadata file but this doesn't work.

This seems like something that should be simple to do and from the command line it is - worked first time. I would like to get it running via the MSTest Runner however. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I resolved this issue by setting up a 'Command' task for the MsTest executable and calling it directly. I fail to see any benefit with using the MSTest Runner wrapper.

Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

The wrapper is just an executable with some of the parameters broken out, it was probably added to directly compete with competitors that have similar plugin/macro/etc.

I would setup an executable to MsTest instead of using a command task; that way you can have different server capabilities, audit which jobs use that executable, and can easily change the source/location of the executable if you upgrade versions. Easier to plan for the future proactively than retroactively.

I've setup MsTest.exe as an executable for the build image. Is this what you are suggesting? I then use a task of type command, selecting MSTest from the Executable drop-down

Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Yeah, I saw you say 'Command' but for some reason I had 'Script' in my head.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events