Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a Jira version number in a Bamboo build

Simon Inglis September 28, 2011

Howdy,

I'd like to paramatarize my Bamboo builds so that a Jira version number is available in the build to assist with packaging.

For example, In Jira I have a version of '1.1'. I'd like my build.xml use that version number and the bamboo build number the naming of the artefacts. For instance naming my release tar file as 'product-<jira version>.<bamboo build>.tgz'

Thanks,

Simon.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2011

When using the JIRA Bamboo plugin and it's release management capabilities, you will have access to the JIRA version as a Bamboo variable.

The following variables are available when the build gets triggered by a JIRA release:

${bamboo.jira.baseUrl}

${bamboo.jira.projectKey}

${bamboo.jira.projectName}

${bamboo.jira.version}

${bamboo.jira.username}

Andrew Benz April 18, 2012

Does the entire build need to be triggered by JIRA to get these variables? I have a build that has four stages, the last of which is a manual stage that I was to trigger from the JIRA release function. I only want to use the JIRA variables in the last stage, but when I triggered the manual step from JIRA, it looks like that variable was not picked up and ${bamboo.jira.version} was left alone while ${bamboo.buildNumber} was replaced correctly.

Timothy Marks April 25, 2012

I am struggling with the exact same behavior... (Bamboo 4 and Jira 5)

Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2015

Jens - we're on Bamboo 5.6 and JIRA 6.3, would this answer still be relevant? or what should be expected now? As I recall, there's still a pending issue with "JIRA release triggering build", being that you cannot select the branch you wish to release...which is essentially a showstopper. Any help would be appreciated! Regards, Ron

0 votes
ReneR
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2011

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events