Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use PMD and CheckStyle plugins with OnDemand

kdambekalns June 30, 2013

The PMD and CheckStyle plugins are not available with OnDemand. I figure from their marketplace comments that they are not even really supported for the download version.

So the question is: why is a paid Bamboo setup less capable than a free Jenkins setup? This seems ridiculous.

3 answers

0 votes
Stewart Duffey June 24, 2014

Is there any update from Atlassian on this issue? Are there any plans to support these plugins for Bamboo OnDemand?

0 votes
dustin_barnes December 19, 2013

I would like to add to this. I am evaluating Bamboo for purchase, and this might just be a dealbreaker. The inability to keep a running dashboard of code quality metrics, when they want thousands of dollars for the tool, seems like a critical missing feature. CheckStyle, PMD, and CPD are such mainstays of the world, and most JavaScript code quality tools also support outputting in those formats. Jenkins can do this no problem, and Bamboo just passes the buck to some random developer instead of having code quality as a core competency of their product.

This is why a lot of people recommend Jenkins for the actual building, then just passing it to Bamboo when you want the deployment pipeline features. I saw so many people with that setup, I figured there was a reason, and this must be it.

0 votes
Andre Rabold July 22, 2013

I wouldn't see it THAT negative but have to agree that Bamboo On Demand is severely limited when it comes to helpful plugins. Everything needs to be done manually which is complex and time intense. I was hoping Bamboo 5 might fix a few of these things but it doesn't look like there would be more plugins bundled :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events