How to use Bamboo to for on demand (manual) operations?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

We are currently using Jenkins for lots of jobs that need to be centralized, more like a Self-Service portal. People can run jobs like: create branch, delete branch, deploy a ssl certificate, publish somethign to the web, migrate from staging to production, stuff like these.

Is is possible to do this with Bamboo?

Here are few requirements:

• be able to limit the group that is allowed to execute the job
  • have parameters / forms to complete, for example we may need to upload the certificate to be deployed, or to pick the server name,...

What is possible and how? .. and what is not possible.

2 answers

0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

I observed a hidden option that was allowing me to run a task with a custom parameter, a single one, I wonder if this canse be customized. Anyway, in this area Jenkins is years ahead, allowing you to create complex forms, even populating the options from outside data.

I imagine that in order to implement something like this in Bamboo, we will have to host the forms on our own server (or to write a plugin, which we already have for free in jenkins), means we'll stick with jenkins.

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2014

You can use group and/or individual permission to set view and/or run on each plan so that part is covered.

I know manual stages allow you to override/set input values but as far as I know it is a textbox field only with no pre-run validation available.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events