How to use Bamboo release/version number to build package to deploy?

Mike Howells
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2014

I'd like to use the release/version number generated by my deployment project as the version number of my released package. If that means I have to build the package in the deployment tasks, how do I avoid building the same release more than once? I only want to build a release once and deploy the same one to each environment. 

At the moment I'm creating the released package in a build plan, but that means I can't use the release/version number provided by the deployment project. 

1 answer

0 votes
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

Hi Mike,

In Bamboo's current iteration this isn't possible natively. There isn't any access to the variables from later plans/deployments. This is a much requested feature though and has been added in the upcoming release of Bamboo 5.7: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13573

Your best bet would be to upgrade your current installation to 5.7 once it becomes available in the very near future.

Thanks!

Turner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events