How to use Bamboo 5.14.x and NUnit 3?

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

Now that Bamboo 5.14 is out and supposedly supports NUnit 3 how do we configure this? The documentation seems to still be the older format.  I installed NUnit 3 console to my Windows server, setup the capability for NUnit Runner to point to the nunit3-console yet I'm still getting an error on the XML format output or something along that lines.  Has anyone gotten NUnit 3 to work yet and if so how do we configure this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2016

There's a bug that causes both NUnit 3 and 2 to show up as NUnit Runner in the capability section. You need to select the correct NUnit Runner, the one that comes later in the list should be NUnit 3. You can verify it by clicking the capability after you've defined it, the URL should contain the string 'system.builder.nunit3' (and not nunit).

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2016

Thank you. For anyone struggling with this you have to add a NEW executable to server capabilities and choose the second NUnit runner in the list AFTER installing the NUnit 3 console to your server so you have the path to the console executable.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events