Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the Bamboo from evaluation to starter license when having more than 10 jobs?

Gilberto Torrezan June 27, 2016

Hi,

I was using an evaluation license of the Bamboo server, and after it expired, I purchased a starter license to use with my server. The problem happens when I try to save the new license key: an error message appears and blocks me from saving it:

You currently have 11 jobs configured and the new license only allows 10 jobs. To continue updating your license you will need to remove 1 job or reduce the number of branches you are using..

Right, I really have a job with too much branches that I no longer use, and I cloud remove without problems. But... Wherever I click, I return to the license expiration page, which I can't save due to the 11 jobs.

So I can't save the license key because I have too much jobs configured, but I can't remove the jobs because the system doesn't allow me to leave the license page until I save a new license key.

What can I do?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

Unfortunately you seem to be affected by a presumably trivial bug in how Bamboo handles this edge case, which Atlassian hasn't managed to address in almost two years:

That being said, I highly recommend to simply contact Atlassian's support (specifically via the Purchasing & Licensing help portal) and am fairly confident that they will be able to help you out of this catch 22 quickly (for example by handing out a 1 remote agent license that is valid for a few days only).

Workaround

Alternatively, if you would rather proceed as fast as possible yourself, the workaround mentioned in the referenced issue is also reasonable, provided you haven't exhausted your evaluation limits yet:

Generate a new Eval license from my.atlassian.com, swap in the new license, remove the plans, switch back to the non-eval license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events