Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update global variables through a plugin?

vamsi k August 21, 2017

I'm trying to update a global variable that contains authentication token. This token must be updated every 90 days. what is the atlassian code to do so?

Found from online there is com.atlassian.bamboo.configuration.variable.ConfigureGlobalVariables. how to initialize it and add bamboo plan to run periodically and update authentication token.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2017

For reference you can check com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.rest.admin.globalvariable.RestGlobalVariableServiceImpl#updateGlobalVariable

final VariableDefinition variableDefinition = variableDefinitionManager.findVariableDefinition(variableId);
/*or*/

variableDefinition = variableDefinitionManager.getGlobalVariables().stream().filter(byName).findFirst().get();

String preValue = variableDefinition.getValue();
variableDefinition.setValue("new value");
variableConfigurationService.updateVariableDefinition(variableDefinition, preValue);
vamsi k August 23, 2017

How do we initialize  variableDefinitionManager?

If I have a global variable 

key:fortify.auth.token

value: xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx

Will String preValue=variableDefinition.getValue(); sets preValue to xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx?

Will variableDefinition.setValue("yyyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyyy"); save global variable fortify.auth.token to yyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyyy perimenently {All the plans uses new value instead of previous value}?

can you provide me sample code that updates global variable in above case using 

• com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.rest.admin.globalvariable.RestGlobalVariableServiceImpl #
  • updateGlobalVariable(javax.ws.rs.core.UriInfo uriInfo, long variableId,RestGlobalVariable restGlobalVariable)

How to initialize uriInfo to a link http://xxxxxxx:zzzzz/kfdjg/dfd/

and restGlobalVariable?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2017

add it 

@ComponentImport
@Autowired
private VariableDefinitionManager variableDefinitionManager

or in atlassian-plugin.xml

<component-import key="variableDefinitionManager" interface="com.atlassian.bamboo.variable.VariableDefinitionManager" />
vamsi k August 26, 2017

It is not reporing variableDefinitionManger bean not found error.

Can you say me jar to be includedin pom.xml?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2017
<dependencies>
<
dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.bamboo</groupId>
<artifactId>atlassian-bamboo-api</artifactId>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders