Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot email notifications in Bamboo ?

mihai June 24, 2013

Hi,

I have complains from my users they don't get email when a Job from a build fails. I can see Bamboo has assigned the responsible user but they don't get an email. I don't know what the issue is so which log file can i see if the notification is actually beeing sent so i can troubleshoot whether it's the email server (which i believe it's not) or something else ?

Here is my current Notifications :

Current Notifications

First Failed Job For Plan Responsible (users who are responsible for the current failure)

Notify On First Occurrence of Build Errors Responsible (users who are responsible for the current failure)

donnib

7 answers

1 vote
Mark Derbecker September 18, 2013

I'm using Bamboo On-demand and emails are being sent intermittently… Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Is there a way to debug the on demand stuff when I don't have access to the server?

I've done the obvious stuff like check spam folders.

0 votes
Paul B August 5, 2013

no, I am still at 4.4.0

0 votes
JIRA Autobot August 5, 2013

Paul B, this worked fine on 4.4 now on Bamboo 5 it stopped working, Have you upgraded to Bamboo 5 ?

0 votes
Paul B June 25, 2013

first, I have my original notification that does not send email for the first failed build, but does send email on subsequent builds.

== failed jobs and first successful == Responsible

and then I have my workaround notification to send the first email for the failed job and get around the bug with "responsoble users"

== first failed job for plan == Committers

0 votes
Paul B June 25, 2013

I recently had a support call about bamboo email and if you use "crowd" then the issues may be related. I bet you can not view these, but other atlassian people can:

support: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/BSP-9749

bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13092

here was my description:

I have notifications set to send email to "Responsible" users for "Failed Jobs And First Successful". The responsible user is not getting the first email about the initial failure, but does get following email about other people's checkins that fail a build later. Do I also need an additional notification to notify the committer of the first failed job? I really would have expected my current setup to send mail to the first responsible person.

we use "crowd" and bamboo support could only reproduce this if they tested with crowd too.
Then the bug was submitted as the responsible user should have gotten mail about the initial build failure but does not.

My work around is to "add an additional notification to notify the committer of the first failed job"

this is with Bamboo 4.4.0

JIRA Autobot June 25, 2013

Hey Paul,

Thanks for replying. We are indeed using Crowd and i guess we are seeing same issue as you do. I am not sure what you have done to get it to work i mean the workaround. What exactly notifications do you have ?

donnib

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Hi Mihai,

You can follow the guide on this doco to enable mail debug and then look at the bamboo server logs located in the HOME/logs directory

Hope that helps in identifying the issue

Regards,

Sultan

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Hi Mihai,

You can follow the guide on this doco to enable mail debug and then look at the bamboo server logs located in the HOME/logs directory

Hope that helps in identifying the issue

Regards,

Sultan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events