How to trigger build plan AFTER successful deployment?

Evgeny Vermenik October 31, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Triggering builds

I need to run Selenuim (UI) tests AFTER the websites is deployed on QA. It seems the only possible way is to create a new build plan (since running tests and parsing results is only a part of build plans). How can I trigger it after deployment?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2016
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2016

@Alexey Chystoprudov - given the opportunity: many thanks for tackling all those small yet utterly helpful missing pieces recently (Bamboo After Deployment TriggerBamboo Fail Build TriggerBamboo agents usage visualizationBamboo(5.10+) Build Times Plugin, Bamboo Agent Notifications, etc.), very much appreciated!

And btw., the compatibility info for most of those has not been updated automatically to 5.14.0.x due to https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT-12857, so you might want to bump them manually to ease discovery. 

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2016

Thank you @Steffen Opel [Utoolity]. I'll update them this week

Evgeny Vermenik November 1, 2016

Thank you for the information about bamboo-after-deployment-trigger-plugin it does everything I need.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
November 1, 2016

Glad it works for you.

Can you please leave feedback on Marketplace to increase visibility

Like jorgechacon_ likes this
yogitac October 29, 2018

This Add-on is supported until Version 6.6.3.

I am using version 6.7.1, do we any replacement for it in the latest version.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
October 29, 2018

@yogitac, fixed compatibility at Marketplace

Kevin McKenzie Sampson February 7, 2019

Wouldn't this plugin add the risk of a cyclical dependency?

Isn't that why Bamboo doesn't have this trigger feature by default?

In an enterprise, how would the tool owner be able to track cyclical dependencies in an environment of 100s of building/deploying applications?

My suggestion would be:

Tester Build:

• builds bundled up testing image
  • runs against environment to test
  • pushes to dtr

App Code Deployment:

• deploys app code to env
  • pulls test image from dtr
  • runs against environment to test

This ensures you only use the latest working test code since it won't be available to the environment unless it was successful in the test build

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2019

@Kevin McKenzie Sampson, the only reason this plugin is not bundled to product is increased complexity.

It looks like workaround to client's needs to have kind of build pipeline. Team decided not to add this workaround but work at pipeline feature at future releases.

Regards,

Alexey Chystoprudov

Bamboo team 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events