cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger a build and pass in a bamboo global variable

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Hi,

We have some builds that finish up and are checked into svn with a version (2.00.00.052).  We would like to trigger a deploy of that build by calling the deploy project and setting the deploy.buildnumber variable to 2.00.00.052)

Is there a way to trigger a deploy with RESTful API passing in the deploy.buildnumber=2.00.00.052 value?

I am able to do this with teamcity but cant figure out how to do this with Bamboo.

We tried to have the deploy part of the build project and created a deploy stage but that has problems as well based on Bamboo pulling the repositories before it executes the various jobs in the stages.

Please dont answer about generic triggering of other builds... it has to involve passing the deploy.buildnumber to the other deploy project.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

That is what I did.  I pushed the full release number (2.00.00.052) to a buildnumber.txt file, then shared it, did an artifact download on the dependent deploy project and read in the new buildnumber to deploy.

Thanks

0 votes
Alex Soto June 15, 2015

I think my answer to your other question applies here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/17440053/answers/17893142

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events