Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger a bamboo deployment after jira status change

slimatic April 11, 2016

Any ideas or solutions for triggering a bamboo deployment after a JIRA issue has been moved or transitioned to another status? 

E.g. Issue moves to QA/Review. Once this has been moved out of QA/Review to done, the transition workflow should trigger a deployment in bamboo.

Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

You can use webhooks to trigger the deployment. Use the Bamboo rest API in the webhook url.

See https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/webhooks#Webhooks-Addingawebhookasapostfunctiontoaworkflow for more details.

Vinesh Kumar August 11, 2017

Hi Jobin, I am geeting 401 error while running using webhook to run job in bamboo. could you please confirm how we can resolve this error?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

401 indicates unauthorized access. Seems you do not have the right permissions.

Dmitri Abrosov [Teamlead] December 27, 2017

Hi Jobin. I have the same problem. How can I give the right permissions? 

My JIRA and Bamboo use the same Crowd user directory and have Application links configured correctly. Also user transitioning JIRA issue has the permission to run Bamboo builds.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2017

Try logging into Bamboo using the same user id and see if you are able to run the build.

Dmitri Abrosov [Teamlead] January 15, 2018

Yes, I am able to run the build with the same user id.

Any more ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events