How to transition a JIRA Issue after a failed/successful Bamboo build

Mr. Wolf January 20, 2016

Hi together,
is it possible to transit a JIRA Issue to a specific Workflow status after a successful or failed Bamboo Build ? 

The Bitbucket triggers work like a charm

• Pull request created
  • Pull request merged
  • Pull request declined (Bitbucket only)
  • Pull request reopened (Bitbucket Server only)
  • Commit created
  • Branch created

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/configuring-workflow-triggers-749383267.html

But i can't find any information, how to trigger a JIRA Issue from Bamboo.

Thank you for feedback,
Oliver 

5 answers

1 vote
Jurgen Schober August 8, 2019

It should be possible to simple add a REST call to trigger a transition from Bamboo (curl or js). I use something similar to trigger a fork sync (merge) from bamboo when my master branch is updated and use commit triggers to fire the call. Can simply be called from a shell script at the end of a build job.

1 vote
Mr. Wolf February 2, 2016

Hi @Carlen Benard,
unfortunately it doesn't worked. I wasn't able to move the issue after a successful / failed build.

Also the SmartCommits doesn't work.
My commit message "JAVA-2 #build another try" (transition name is "build") also doesn't moved to the issue into the build status.

I'm currently using

• JIRA Software 7.0.10
  • Bamboo 5.9.4
  • Bitbucket Server 4.0.1

In the related issue (JAVA-2) i only can see the commits and the build result.

Thank you,
Oliver 

cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

Hi Oliver,

If everything is configured as per the documentation provided and you're still not having any luck here please go ahead and raise a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com and include in your ticket that you've gone over the docs with no resolution. Please also attempt a build transition from JIRA then generate and attach a Bamboo Support Zip (Bamboo Administration >> System >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Zip >> Create) to this issue along with a JIRA support zip. Please also include screenshot of your workflow transition so we can verify the configuration.

Thanks!

Turner 

1 vote
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

Hi Oliver,

The info you're looking for can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboocloud/integrating-builds-with-your-issues-workflow-737184352.html#Integratingbuildswithyourissuesworkflow-Integratingbuildtransitionsintoyourcustomworkflow

You'll have specific, Bamboo related workflow transition options in JIRA that will automatically cause transitions/resolutions based on pass/fail. 

Hope this helps!

Turner

John Gill March 13, 2018

This is a dead link now. Do you have the new one? 

Deleted user February 12, 2019
Like # people like this
0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2019

Update:

I just got a notification email from Atlassian team support that they doesn't support this feature in Bamboo server, it was supported in Bamboo cloud before they decided to end it.

0 votes
VikasBasra February 6, 2017

We have a similar problem and even after adding the following in the transition doesn't trigger the JIRA issue status. "build.passed.transition"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events