How to tell why a build is queue?

Several times I've seen a build sitting in the queue with the message 'waiting to build'...

I checked the build plan's requirements against the available agents, and there were at least 11 agents available that could have built the plan...

Is there a way to see exactly WHY a build plan is in the queue instead of being built?

1 answer

You can view the Requirements tab on the Plans configuration to see if there are any agents capable of building the plan or not. Usually if the build is just sitting in the queue, there are no capabilities on the agents that match the requirements of the plan.

That's what I did, as stated in the question "checked the build plan's requirements against the available agents, and there were at least 11 agents available"

I see the problem now... first, the requirements tab shows all the agents that can meet a specific requirement. But the requirements tab does NOT have a summary that shows the intersection, which in this case is apparently just one agent that is the intersection of all requirements, and thus causing the build to be in the queue.

Second, the Bamboo Agent Matrix display does NOT have a horizontal scroll... so I have 53 agents, but I can only see the first 20 in the matrix, so I can't see where the problem is by examinng the matrix... sigh...

It should have a horizontal scroll :( What version of Bamboo and browser are you using?

Bamboo 3.4.3 and I tried both FireFox 15.0.1 (linux) and Chrome 21.0.1180.81 (linux), no horizontal scroll on either one.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,064 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot