cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell why a build is queue?

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Several times I've seen a build sitting in the queue with the message 'waiting to build'...

I checked the build plan's requirements against the available agents, and there were at least 11 agents available that could have built the plan...

Is there a way to see exactly WHY a build plan is in the queue instead of being built?

1 answer

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012

You can view the Requirements tab on the Plans configuration to see if there are any agents capable of building the plan or not. Usually if the build is just sitting in the queue, there are no capabilities on the agents that match the requirements of the plan.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2012

That's what I did, as stated in the question "checked the build plan's requirements against the available agents, and there were at least 11 agents available"

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2012

I see the problem now... first, the requirements tab shows all the agents that can meet a specific requirement. But the requirements tab does NOT have a summary that shows the intersection, which in this case is apparently just one agent that is the intersection of all requirements, and thus causing the build to be in the queue.

Second, the Bamboo Agent Matrix display does NOT have a horizontal scroll... so I have 53 agents, but I can only see the first 20 in the matrix, so I can't see where the problem is by examinng the matrix... sigh...

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

It should have a horizontal scroll :( What version of Bamboo and browser are you using?

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2012

Bamboo 3.4.3 and I tried both FireFox 15.0.1 (linux) and Chrome 21.0.1180.81 (linux), no horizontal scroll on either one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events