How to switch Bamboo install from cloud to server ?

Simon Tarchichi October 1, 2014

Hello,

I have activated the free trial today, to run CI tests for my company. At the beginning of the installation, i chose the "Cloud" version, not realizing that I would need an effective Amazon instance (I did read the warning, though the message doesn't seem to have reached my brain)... Is there a way back ?

Instance URL is test-simon.atlassian.net.

Thanks in advance for your answer

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2014

"Cloud" version is a hosted solution (in Atlassian environment) and requires usage of Amazon EC2. It is not possible to use that version with local computing resources. 

You're probably looking for BTF (Behind The Firewall) version which needs to be installed on your own server. If you want to migrate the configuration you might want to use Import/Export from administration menu.

0 votes
Simon Tarchichi October 6, 2014

OK great, thank you for your answers smile 

I haven't really made much of configuration (I am still testing the platform) so I will be migrating to the BTF instance before I make too much configuration in the cloud... Thanks !

0 votes
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2014

Hi Simon,

To follow up on what @Krystian Buszkowski said. The OnDemand/Cloud platform does not currently support an export functionality. The user bases are handled differently in this platform and it doesn't properly translate at this time.

Needless to say it may be better to perform a switch sooner than later (so there's less data that needs to be manually migrated over). Here's how you can do this:

• Navigate to my.atlassian.com, login
  • Create a new license and select Self Hosted 
  • Load up the https://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo/download, download, and install!
  • Manually copy your data from your Cloud instance to your newly created BTF instance
  • Go back to my.atlassian.com and cancel your subscription to your cloud Bamboo instance.

Thanks!

Turner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events