Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start 1 of 2 acceptable image configurations?

Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

Given that I have several image configurations that can run a plan, how do I set which image configuration that is started as an instance?

My setup is that I have one Amazon image that can be used in Bamboo with a Small or XLarge instance type. For a plan I can have 1 of 2 setups:

• For most plans it is ok to build at either a Small or a XLarge instance type.
  • For some plans it is required to use a XLarge instance type.

When a plan is to be built it should utilize any already started instance type that is acceptable for it. However, it should try to use an instance type that is as small as possible.

When there is no instance available it should start an appropriate instance - that is a Small instance for most plans and XLarge for some projects. How do I make Bamboo to start up a Small instance when both a Small and an XLarge is acceptable to run at?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2013

That can't be done, Bamboo does not understand that it should prefer an instance that's cheaper to run.

Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

Ok, thanks for your answer. Seems like it should be so easy to implement - just an integer setting per image configuration. And whenever a build is about to start then order the instances (or image configuration) depending on that integer. And choose the one with the lowest value.

0 votes
Nicklas Kittelmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2013

Ok, thanks for your answer. Seems like it should be so easy to implement - just an integer setting per image configuration. And whenever a build is about to start then order the instances (or image configuration) depending on that integer. And choose the one with the lowest value.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events