Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify Deploy permissions for Bamboo Users

Group IT November 14, 2013

Hi, I'm a sysadmin and I'm trying to give a user access to Deploy a project, but not edit the deployment project.

The reason for this is simple. I'm setting up the remote serves and ssh keys, locations etc and I don't want users seeing or changing this. In the same vein I want them to deploy their own changes and not bug me all the time.

From what I can see in the permissions for a deployment project, there is only View and Edit. However even when I have ticked both of these options for a user, they still can't deploy. I have to make them part of the bamboo-admins group befor they can deploy. This is realy not ideal at all.

Is there any way I can accomplish this? I have searched plugins with no luck.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Deployment projects have the "deploy" permissions set on the environment. That's why you can't see them. They are environment specific (which is a fine idea.) Edit your deployment plan, then look down at the Other Environment Settings box. Mine is the third box down in the plan. Deployment Plan(1), How you want to deploy(2), Other Environment Settings(3). If you looked at the description in the plan permissions carefully enough you would have seen a reference to the deployment permissions being elsewhere.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events