How to show post-deployment test results?

Michael Strasser November 29, 2015

I have a SoapUI test project we want to run automatically at the end of a deployment plan.

I can add steps to the plan to check out the project file and execute it using Maven (with the SoapUI Maven plugin).

The tests write results in JUnit format. How do I get Bamboo to automatically show the test results?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Strasser December 7, 2015

Our Bamboo administrators checked with Atlassian and were told that JUnit Parser tasks cannot be added to deployment plans.

So the answer is, no it cannot be done with built-in tasks.

1 vote
Bhagyashree August 26, 2016

Plan runners add on adds task to run integration tests build plan from deployment and pass or fail the deployment based on tests status

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.mdb.plugins.planrunners/server/overview

Hope this helps.

1 vote
Vikas Borse July 18, 2016

You can use Cucumber For Bamboo plugin. This plugin adds Cucumber parsers in Build as well ad Deployment plans. It provides options to pass or fail build if any test is failed or based on failure threshold or can just print test results in Log without affecting deployment status.
The plugin also adds new UI elements to display deployment tests, Cucumbers results and pie chart of tests. It also has features to automatically link tests with JIRA issues.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.mdb.plugins.cucumberforbamboo/server/overview

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2015

You can add a JUnit Parser task

Michael Strasser December 1, 2015

In our Bamboo (5.6) installation JUnit Parser is not available for deployment plans, only build plans.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events