Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the bamboo agent id via the install process to an existing (last) value.

Richard Neale March 19, 2013

In a cloud model where you destroy and deploy vms, I would like to tear down a group of agents and and re-install after they have been re-created using the same id. I maintain a db of name/id values that allows this but the process of setting the value is not eligant. I was wondering if there was a cmdline -Dprop=value available.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan Swaelens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2013

I don't think that there is a property for that (would like to have it also) but I think you can achieve your goal by running the agent installer with the 'install' directive, then going to the agent home and adapting the 'bamboo-agent.cfg.xml' file to change the agent name/id in the corresponding XML element. After this you can start the agent normally and I assume it wil use the configured values.

Haven't tried yet this but it is on my todo list.

Richard Neale March 19, 2013

Our currrent process is to edit the file and insert the value via a process (script) where we basicly kick the install into background, monitor the log file for the occurance of 'ready to receive builds' and then kill the agent where the process then does the id insertion via sed and finaly does a relaunch. When done, we go into Bamboo Agent screen and delete the new definition. Very hacky and where a -DAgentId=1234567 would be very nice.

Thanks for your response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events