Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search in all already completed build logs?

Andrey Sergeev November 25, 2014

I have 60+ Bamboo build agents. I want to find all build logs which have inside them a text string.

Is there a way to "grep" in all the logs?

May be there are certain approaches which may allow me to simplify the task. For each build I may see it's log as a regular text file (the file's URL is available at a Bamboo build page, it can be downloaded). Is there a place where all the files may be accessed via a command? May I iterate over each log one by one (REST API) using a programming language?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2014

Hello Andrey,

Build logs are saved in $BAMBOO_HOME/xml-data/builds/PROJ-PLAN-JOB1/download-data/build_logs.

You can use a command like this inside this directory:

cat *.log | grep abcde

Where:

• PROJ-PLAN-JOB1 is the full key
  • abcde is the text string to be searched.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

Andrey Sergeev November 25, 2014

I need to iterate across all build agents, across all past builds and their logs. I have a bug in my own scripts and I want to find in logs known "sign" - text string - of the bug. I do not know anything about build names (the script is universal for all projects), build times and so on.

Andrey Sergeev November 26, 2014

Sorry, got it! The path is at the heading system. It works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events