How to safely restart Bamboo on a production server

emddudley September 27, 2011

How can I safely restart Bamboo on a production server? I do not want to interrupt any ongoing builds.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2011

What I always do is:

* login to Bamboo as an admin

* disable all agents

* wait for any running builds to complete. Once they are complete, no new builds can start because the agents are disabled.

* now restart Bamboo, monitoring the log

* once Bamboo is running and the log indicates it's accessible, login as admin again and enable all the agents.

emddudley September 27, 2011

Thanks Ken, this is exactly the kind of process I was looking for.

Shyam Visamsetty September 15, 2014

how to restart bamboo any command that we can run?

Like Ankmrao Bade likes this
Saurav Tapader April 28, 2016

you should be able to restart using the following command:

/etc/init.d/bamboo restart

(hoping you are running bamboo as a service) 

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2011

You have to wait until the builds are finished or terminate them.

Safe restart of Bamboo will be available with Bamboo 3.3 .

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Hi Przemek,

Is safe restart available in 3.4 and does it mean I can restart the bamboo server without terminating builds in progress on remote agents?

Thanks

Peter

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2013

You can pause the server, but you will have to wait until all builds are finished.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events