Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run old branches with new commits automatically?

Bianca Morton February 2, 2017

We have certain branches that have gone down in priority so dropped out of bamboo branch build. Most users do not have access to manually add a branch so when they finally pick it up again the branch is no longer available to them. Is there a way to automatically add the branch back when there are new commits to it?

2 answers

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2017

I believe this problem can be solved by configuring "Automatic branch management": select "Do not delete inactive plan branches" for "Inactive branches".

Bianca Morton February 23, 2017

as it stands we already too many branches. definitely dont want to have even more branches. i want to change the delete stale branches option to something like 7 days and want the "reactivated" branches to come back into bamboo with new commits

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2017

You might want to create feature request on our public issue tracker jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2017

Not by default. You will have to manually add the branch back. To make it worse, Bamboo has a bug that deletes the newly added branch because it was already cleaned up once. I think the bug is fixed in the latest versions but I haven't got a chance to test yet.

You might have to create a plugin that adds the Bamboo branch plan on fresh commits, maybe with different name depending on your version, if you really want to get this going!

Bianca Morton February 3, 2017

I dont see the bug you are talking about. When adding manually it works just fine but theres only 1 person in the company that has enough permissions to add old branches back.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events