Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve gatekeeper merge conflicts

Pavel Pesetskiy July 7, 2015

Hello, I've faced the merge conflict issue on gatekeeper execution.

How should I resolve it?

1. I found the folder with the source d:\Program Files\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\GH3TIER-GH319-JOB1\NorthWind.console\Service.cs
  2. Edit the conflict
  3. issued git add . --all
  4. git commit -m "fixed merge conflict"
  5. git push
    git push command pushes the changes to some local git repo
    To file://D:\Program Files\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\_git-repositories-cache\3cb59ff48a74be5951231f36de6d553f0eb914e3
    e96e682..ab38a21 Dev -> Dev

How can I apply the changes to my github repo after the resolving the conflict?

merge_conflict.png

4 answers

5 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

i think you should not resolve it on Bamboo. This is there to notify users their branch would not merge.

I would leave it up to the developers to fix that, e.g. by merging the gatekeeper (master?) branch into theirs and fix the merge conflict and push to their branch.
Bamboo will have to discard the broken build and the next merge on gatekeeper should succeed (must be a fast-forward now).

Mike, thank you. you really opened my eyes!

0 votes
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

Happy to help! If you have a spare moment you should accept Mike's answer.

0 votes

Thank you Richard. That's the approach I was looking for.

0 votes
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2015

You definitely should not manually make changes to Bamboo's clone of your git repository.. Mike Friedrich explained the correct process - have one of the developers who worked on the conflicting file merge the branch manually, then commit and push. Bamboo will pull the change and build it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events