How to propagate new bamboo tasks into remote agents?

Kepio February 22, 2012

I am developing a set of tasks for bamboo and regularly try them on a live installation with remote agents - the problem I am facing is that the latest version of the plugin do not get downloaded automatically by the remote agents. The plugin is a V2 plugin, uploaded via the Install function of the UPM. I tried bumping up the plugin version without success ( the first task failed, bamboo claining that there was no such task in the plugin). Re-starting the agent provoles a download of the new version.

Surely I don't need to write a ssh script that will go into every remote agent to reboot them - or should I?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2013

OK, it's confirmed bug, it will be fixed in 5.3.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2012

I think you do, sorry about that. I've opened an improvement request for this:

Edit: I've consulted the developer who has written the plugin 2 support and he said it should work. Could you tell me which version of Bamboo you're using and which module descriptors are used in your plugin?

Kepio February 23, 2012

Alternatively, could I copy my plugin into the plugins folder of the agent? Would the agent pick it up? or should I rename the current existing one?

It's actually something I was wondering : is there a way to upload a version 2 plugin on a bamboo instance without going through the web interface - the typical scenario here is after running atlas-mvn package, deploy the plugin on my local instance to test it out.

Kepio February 26, 2012

I'm using Bamboo 3.4.3 and V2 plugin (tasks).

Let me know if you find a way to go about it - I experimented with one of your suggestion found here, aka creating one plan with 1 job / agent (and adding a name property to all agents) and then restarting the agent in the background, but I'm not facing much success

echo "agent will restart soon"
nohup sleep 10;/opt/bamboo/bin/bamboo-agent-init restart &
exit 0

The plan seems to ignore the nohup and the & and waits - the agent meanwhile shutsdown but does not come back up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events