Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to poll bamboo from external tool for bamboo results?

Sobin M February 3, 2014

I have got a project working that uses REST call to trigger a bamboo build

curl --user $BAMBOO_USER:$BAMBOO_PASS -X POST -d "$STAGE_NAME&ExecuteAllStages"http://mybamboohost:8085/rest/api/latest/queue/$PROJECT_NAME-$PLAN_NAME

So as soon this is curl command is triggered, my project passes and does not wait to get results from bamboo build.

How I can poll the bamboo from an external tool to see if the bamboo build passed or failed. Is there a curl command I can use to continously poll the bamboo build?

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

Bamboo Command Line Interface has queueBuild which supports a wait parameter. You could do something similar using curl and some scripting checking the build number.

Sobin M February 3, 2014

Thanks Bob. Is there a way I can introduce the wait through a rest call?

I want to know whether the build passed or failed.

example - rest/api/latest/queue/$PROJECT_NAME-$PLAN_NAME?bamboo.variable.exitCode=0

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

Not that I know of, you need to poll on the build number and then get the build results.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events