Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make maven artifact sharing find maven artifacts

dan carter December 12, 2011

Hello,

I have a maven multimodule build. I have checked 'enable maven artifact sharing' on my plan configuration, but on the artifacts page from my build job it says "No maven artifacts have been produced for this Job"

What do i need to do to make bamboo see the maven artifacts produced by the build?

On the confluence site it says "If a Job needs to deploy an artifact (i.e. produce the artifact), mark the artifact as shared in the relevant artifact definition."

Should the artifact definition appear automatically, or do i need to define it?

If i need to define it what should it point at, the pom.xml, the project directory, the build directoty, the built jar in the build directory, the built jar in the local maven repo?

3 answers

1 vote
Michael Reardon April 2, 2012

I'm having the same problem. I've defined the bamboo-artifact-sharing-maven-plugin on a simple project to share the produced artifacts on a downstream stage. When running the maven task in debug (-X) I can see that the bamboo-artifact-sharing-maven-plugin is invoked after the test phase, but the job still says: "No maven artifacts have been produced for this Job". I also notice the following log output at the end of the "share" goal.

03-Apr-2012 01:18:02 [DEBUG] bamboo.baseURL='null'
03-Apr-2012 01:18:02 [DEBUG] bamboo.planResultKey='null'
03-Apr-2012 01:18:02 [DEBUG] bamboo.jobKey='null'
03-Apr-2012 01:18:02 [DEBUG] bamboo.token='null'

Also the docs say: "Artifact sharing is configured differently when using Maven 2 or 3 as a builder for your jobs." How is it different?

groomsy December 20, 2012

Seeing this exact same problem. I'm using Maven 3. This is driving me nuts.

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2012

You need to define the bamboo-artifact-sharing-maven-plugin in both the project that is producing and consuming the artifact. Bamboo uses this plugin to figure out what artifacts are produced by Maven so that it can redirect their deployment repository to Bamboo and create Bamboo Artifacts for the produced Maven artifacts.

ishabtay February 28, 2013

That doesn't explain "No maven artifacts have been produced for this Job".

0 votes
dan carter December 12, 2011

Also, does the maven build plugin "bamboo-artifact-sharing-maven-plugin" need adding to the pom that is producing the artifact or the one consuming the artifact?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events