Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Bamboo to launch command prompts in foreground

umai November 29, 2017

My PowerShell script/ Batch script given as a Bamboo task in my plan is always launched in background in the Agent machine. 

Is there any setting in Bamboo , to mark my scripts to be always launched in foreground?

1 answer

2 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Hi Umai,

There is this parameter "wrapper.ntservice.interactive" in <agent-home-directory>/conf/wrapper.conf" file which can be set to true to  make things interactive.

But, could you share the requirement in detail here as what exactly this script task is supposed to do here?

Thanks,

umai November 29, 2017

Hi Robhit,

Thanks for the reply . I'm yet to try out the solution you have suggested.

My requirement in detail is ,in CI/CD environment I'm trying to run my testcases triggered from Bamboo. For this, I have to launch my selenium grid in a command prompt, then launch Appium server in a separate command prompt. After that will launch my test code via maven commandline. I will have to see the status of all these three components when my code is running. 

Currently, since Bamboo launches all the three processes in bckground, I'm not able to see the status of my tests, whether it has initialized correctly or if not, then what error has been thrown by Appium server or Selenium Grid etc..

Hope the solution above will help solving this problem. 

Thanks,

Umai

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi Umai,

How are the agents running? are they running using the system account and you are logged-in as a different account? can this be a reason behind things running in the background and you can't see them?

umai November 30, 2017

Agent is running as a Service in "Local System account."

I have logged in as a different administrator user. Not sure if that is the reason. How to make Bamboo run in currently logged in user? I have installed Bamboo agent from the currently logged in user only, using the following command

java -jar atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-5.15.5-SNAPSHOT.jar http://bamboo-host-serve/agentServer 

For now, I have enabled 'Allow service to interact with desktop ' option in the Services->Logon tab. So I'm able to see my tasks in a separate window. This could be a temporary solution.

And making wrapper.ntservice.interactive option to true, doesn't work.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events