Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to invoke/start a plan programatically with Bamboo 5.11?

anna July 18, 2017

I've tried this approach in the link below but it won't compile due to version changes. 

https://developer.atlassian.com/bamboodev/development-resources/bamboo-developer-faq/how-do-i-start-a-build-programatically

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2017

Hi Anna, I don't know what went wrong with that program. We would need more info on that.

But how about using REST API to trigger a plan?

In my Bamboo 5.15, I was able to trigger a test plan by just running a curl command like below.

curl --user username:password -X POST http://yourbamboohost:8085/rest/api/latest/queue/PROJ-PLA

where PROJ is your project name and PLA is your plan name.

anna August 8, 2017

Thank you for the reply. But my requirement is to trigger a bamboo plan upon the completion of an external task which cannot be run via a bamboo task. As you have mentioned I already explored the option to use a rest call to trigger a plan programmatically; however I do not want to maintain certain configurations in the external task , hence the requirement is to trigger a bamboo task via a custom rest service plugin. The sample code provided to trigger a build programmatically does not work in Bamboo version 5.11 and I was not able to configure the relevant code segment.

The code for Bamboo version 5.11 is,

public TestService( BuildExecutionManager buildExecutionManager, PlanExecutionManager planExecutionManager, PlanManager planManager,
VariableDefinitionManager variableDefinitionManager, CredentialsAccessor credentialsAccessor){
this.buildExecutionManager = buildExecutionManager;
this.planManager = planManager;
this.planExecutionManager = planExecutionManager;
this.variableDefinitionManager = variableDefinitionManager;
this.credentialsAccessor = credentialsAccessor;

}
public void setBranchIntegrationService(final BranchIntegrationService branchIntegrationService){
this.branchIntegrationService = branchIntegrationService;
}
public void runPlan(){

BuildContext buildContext = null;
Plan plan = planManager.getPlanByKey("ADT-RRR");
BuildContextBuilderFactoryImpl buildContextBuilderFactory = new BuildContextBuilderFactoryImpl(branchIntegrationService, variableDefinitionManager, credentialsAccessor);
BuildContextBuilder buildContextBuilder = buildContextBuilderFactory.createBuilder();
buildContextBuilder = buildContextBuilder.buildDefinition(plan.getBuildDefinition());
buildContext = buildContextBuilder.build();
buildExecutionManager.execute(buildContext);
}

The following error triggers upon the execution of the above code.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.BuildIdentifierImpl.<init>(BuildIdentifierImpl.java:26)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.BuildContextImpl.<init>(BuildContextImpl.java:87)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.context.BuildContextBuilderImpl.build(BuildContextBuilderImpl.java:133)
at com.testMyService.rest.TestService.runPlan(TestService.java:128)
at com.testMyService.rest.TestService.getMessageFromPath(TestService.java:104)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events