How to get the list of all Bamboo agents via REST

Xabier Davila April 12, 2016

How can I get the list of all Bamboo agents via REST?

I need it for several automated reports, monitoring, etc.

I've seen the ages-api, but as far as I can see it does not provide the list of agents.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2016

REST API Documentation Status

The Bamboo REST API guide is a bit confusing/misleading currently, insofar the Bamboo REST resources reference guide linked from the Getting Started section is incomplete/outdated. The current REST API documentation is only referred to from an info tip on that page in turn:

API reference for your Bamboo version is the recommended source of information on Bamboo REST APIs.

Agents Resource

As per the resp. Bamboo 5.10.3 REST API Documentation, a GET on the /agent resource provides a list of all agents:

Use query parameter "online = true/false" to filter only online agents.

Xabier Davila April 12, 2016

Thanks, that's exactly what I need, with the exception I'm still on Bamboo 5.7.2. Do you know what release added this funtionality? Can't see it in the Release Notes

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2016

Good question - briefly checking the available REST API versions suggests that this has indeed just been added to the Bamboo 5.10.2 API recently, i.e. previous versions still lack the /agent resource, surprisingly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events