Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get release id in bamboo

Subramanian Olagappan March 24, 2016

Hi,

I have a deployment project with DEV/QA env and created releases in the project. Before deploying any build, I want to check if the release is approved.

Has anyone done this. Can you throw some light on how to achieve this.

I got the REST URL to find the status of any release using

/latest/deploy/version/{id}/status

This query required id and I am unable to find the ID for my release string (eg: 1.0.0-dev ). what i understood is release id is a unqiue id created for the deployment project / env and it is stored in database.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Subbu

2 answers

0 votes
Subramanian Olagappan March 24, 2016

Hi Alex,

Thanks.. had this in mind. I was looking for a clean way to get this done.

Regards,

Subbu

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2016

What do you mean clean way?

You can call such REST calls

curl 'http://localhost:9087/bamboo/rest/api/latest/deploy/project/all' -u admin:admin -H "Accepts: application/json"

to get list of deployment projects and see what project id has each deployment project

Then

curl 'http://localhost:9087/bamboo/rest/api/latest/deploy/project/{deploymentProjectId}/versions' -u admin:admin -H "Accepts: application/json"

to get list of versions

srikanth December 27, 2017

hi Alex/Subramanian,

I have the same requirement. In my opinion, what subramanian wanted was for next release , we could have used bamboo environment variable for getting the release versionId. I am not sure whether {deploymentProjectId} gets the versionId value at runtime.

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2016

Hello @Subramanian Olagappan,

Open created release details at Bamboo UI and look at URL: deploy/viewDeploymentVersion.action?versionId=1440874497

There you can get release id for REST call

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events