How to get release id in bamboo

Hi,

I have a deployment project with DEV/QA env and created releases in the project. Before deploying any build, I want to check if the release is approved.

Has anyone done this. Can you throw some light on how to achieve this.

I got the REST URL to find the status of any release using

/latest/deploy/version/{id}/status

This query required id and I am unable to find the ID for my release string (eg: 1.0.0-dev ). what i understood is release id is a unqiue id created for the deployment project / env and it is stored in database.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Subbu

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello @Subramanian Olagappan,

Open created release details at Bamboo UI and look at URL: deploy/viewDeploymentVersion.action?versionId=1440874497

There you can get release id for REST call

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Alex,

Thanks.. had this in mind. I was looking for a clean way to get this done.

Regards,

Subbu

What do you mean clean way?

You can call such REST calls

curl 'http://localhost:9087/bamboo/rest/api/latest/deploy/project/all' -u admin:admin -H "Accepts: application/json"

to get list of deployment projects and see what project id has each deployment project

Then

curl 'http://localhost:9087/bamboo/rest/api/latest/deploy/project/{deploymentProjectId}/versions' -u admin:admin -H "Accepts: application/json"

to get list of versions

hi Alex/Subramanian,

I have the same requirement. In my opinion, what subramanian wanted was for next release , we could have used bamboo environment variable for getting the release versionId. I am not sure whether {deploymentProjectId} gets the versionId value at runtime.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

112 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you