How to get "build number" linked with issue?

Anton Murakhovski September 26, 2017

How can I get value of Bamboo's "latest build" that is associated with a particular JIRA issue? 

If I make API call I get lots of info for the "custom field 10800" apart from the most interesting one. 

Are there any means of achieving this via script?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2017

Hi Anton,

This has been addressed a couple times in the past.  Take a look at the Communities post Solved: Are there any plans to provide an API for the development panel:

We currently don't have plans to provide an API for the development panel in JIRA. 

Unlike the build status in Bitbucket, the JIRA integration is not a "simple" REST API that allows for storing and retrieving information. It integrates much tighter with the rest of the Atlassian stack to ensure accuracy of the data and the right access controls. 

However, that doesn't mean build information can't be pulled into JIRA via other plugin points that allow adding additional panels to the sidebar, for JIRA Cloud and Server. 

In addition, please vote on the recently opened Suggestion JSWSERVER-15768 - REST API access to information in Development Panel and add your use case to the comments on the case.  Once you do that you'll automatically be notified of any changes to the ticket including fix versions or updates to the ticket.

Cheers,

Branden

Anton Murakhovski September 26, 2017

That is the point, I was hoping for a more up to date information. 

JSWSERVER-15768 is for Server version, where JAVA api can be used to get build number. I'm looking for a way to get this information on JIRA Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events