How to get ID of plan varaible

Hi,

I am trying to update value of plan variable but api requires variable ID to update.

http://localhost:8085/build/admin/ajax/updatePlanVariable.action?planKey=SCAN-DO&variableKey=test5&variableValue=value1&variableId=655361

Below url returns the variable context but without variable ID.

http://localhost:8085/rest/api/latest/plan/SCAN-DO?expand=variableContext

Is there a way to get variable id?

Thanks,

Amey

1 answer

0 votes

Hi,

"variable_baseline_item" is the table which has the variable name and the value of that variable. This table has the column "VARIABLE_CONTEXT_BASELINE_ID"

This column has a mapping with table "VARIABLE_CONTEXT_BASELINE"

and this table has the mapping with "buildresultsummary" for the build results and the plan names

use the below query for getting the required info:

select * from buildresultsummary a, VARIABLE_CONTEXT_BASELINE b, variable_baseline_item c
where a.VARIABLE_CONTEXT_BASELINE_ID = b.VARIABLE_CONTEXT_BASELINE_ID
and c.VARIABLE_CONTEXT_BASELINE_ID=b.VARIABLE_CONTEXT_BASELINE_ID

The column which you are looking for is most likely "VARIABLE_BASELINE_ITEM_ID" in the table "variable_baseline_item"

Please accept the answer if you think it is right so that others can also benefit from it.

Hi Robhit,

Thanks for your reply!

But I am looking for rest API which will feed back "VARIABLE_CONTEXT_BASELINE_ID" by variable name.

I think no such way to get this value using API

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published an hour ago in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

15 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you