Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cut a Maven release in Bamboo?

Adam Pryce February 22, 2016

I am looking for how to run release builds in Bamboo. Coming from Jenkins there is a handy one click link for Maven projects that auto populates parameters for the Maven Release Plugin. What is the equivalent in Bamboo? The best I can figure is to literally clone the existing project and add parameters, however the build configuration will then get out of synch and the user needs to manually enter versions.

I hope I am missing something here.

1 answer

0 votes
Preston Gilchrist February 22, 2016

Depending on your SCM implementation you could use mvn:release or jgitflow.  These can be executed with the standard maven task.  We typically set these up as a manual stage after the primary build stage.

Adam Pryce February 22, 2016

So it's not a separate plan but a separate task. That manual stage doesn't interfere with builds from SCM changes? We are using Bitbucket w/ git and no special workflow.

Preston Gilchrist February 22, 2016

An additional manual stage will not interfere with the first build stage.  The release process must be a task in the manual stage.  With no GIT workflow, you should be able to use mvn release, but if you start to roll in something around tagging/branching during release, that may change.

Sud Ramasamy September 7, 2016

If your build has other optional manual tasks/stages then this might not be feasible since the tasks/stages have to complete in sequence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events