How to create a micro elastic instance for build agents

How do you create a micro instance for build agents?

I've tried to create a EBS_i386 instance.  It created it as an instance type medium (if I remember correctly). At this point it would build just fine.  So I stopped the instance and changed the type to micro and restarted the instance.  For some reason after that the builds wouldn't work anymore.

Please help,

Adam

2 answers

So I've figured out how to do it.

Press the gear in the top right, go to 'Overview'

In the left hand nav go to 'Manage Image Configurations'

the instance types are shown there.  If you don't see a T1 or T2 instance type then just edit the config, and select the desired instance from the 'Instance Type' dropdown.

Then start a new instance based on that type.

Hope this helps smile

We are curious to get an answer to this question as well. We've found that you need to build an AMI yourself. I'm hoping that someone can jump in and let us know if this is the case or not? Perhaps if you have familiarity with AWS AMI's you could achieve this by copying and resizing an existing stock image into an EBS t2.micro?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,068 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot