Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy artifacts between plans

Michael Gorbach November 8, 2011

I have a library that is being built separately, and used in several different applications. The build isn't that long, but I don't want to have to maintain separate copies of the library build tasks in each plan for each application that uses the library, so I have set up a separate project and plans to build the library. How do I get the library artifacts over the my slaves that build the various plans dependant on this library? Artifacts sharing doesn't seem to work across plans.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Gorbach November 9, 2011
Yep, that os exactly what I did. Wrote a python script to do the download. It's a missing feature though: What is the point of dependencies if you can't move artifacts from one place to another? Seems like this would be a very useful plugin to have, or it should just be built in.
0 votes
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2011

It's a missing feature though: What is the point of dependencies if you can't move artifacts from one place to another? Seems like this would be a very useful plugin to have, or it should just be built in.

We absolutely agree and have plans to address this in 2012.

Ben Kunkel October 16, 2012

We absolutely agree and have plans to address this in 2012

Is there a target release for this? JIRA issue I can track?

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

Hi Benjamin,

This item has slipped from our roadmap in 2012 but will be finding a new time to schedule this. You can follow its progress here.

Thanks
James

Ben Kunkel October 17, 2012

I am unable to view BAM-10573 for some reason.

(Permission Violation)

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2012

Sorry about that - it was mistakenly hidden.

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2011

I don't think it is possible to copy artifacts between different plans yet.

Maybe you could try to manually download latest library artifact using url of form: http://BAMBOO/browse/PROJ-PLAN/latest/artifact/ARTIFACT_NAME - you could add a preceeding task(s) to your plans which would call wget or similar device to download shared artifacts from Bamboo. But that's quite not feasible, is it?

regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events