How to connect to SVN behind firewall from Bamboo cloud

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Linking to source code repositories

When I tried to test connection for SVN, it always fails. Is the testing performed through Bamboo cloud, or one of my Bamboo remote agent?

If it is through Bamboo cloud, does that mean I have to setup reverse proxy for SVN to allow external access?

If Bamboo agent (also behind the same firewall) have access to SVN server, can I ignore the test connection error and just proceed?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Hello @Anthony Zhang,

You need to configure your SVN repo to be available from Bamboo Cloud instance. Bamboo pings repositories for changes so it requires direct access to you repo

Thanks Alexey.

Going back to the original questions, is this the correct understanding?

>>When I tried to test connection for SVN, it always fails. Is the testing performed through Bamboo cloud, or one of my Bamboo remote agent?

The testing is from Bamboo Cloud.

>>If it is through Bamboo Cloud, does that mean I have to setup reverse proxy for SVN to allow external access?

Yes, SVN must be accessible from Bamboo Cloud.

>>If Bamboo agent (also behind the same firewall) have access to SVN server, can I ignore the test connection error and just proceed?

Error must be corrected.

One last point for clarification, are both Bamboo Cloud and remote agent requires to access to SVN?

Yes, both Bamboo Cloud and remote agent require access to SVN repo. When you start build manually, Bamboo tries to get changes from repo before executing build. If it fails to connect to repo it will not start build.

If you believe your repo should not be available from outer world you need to switch to Bamboo Server

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,097 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot