How to change default user permissions

When I create a new plan in Bamboo, "Anonymous users" and "Logged in users" are always allowed to view the plan by the default permissions. Is there a way to change that?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

To change plan permissions:

1. Click Dashboard, then the All Plans tab, then the name of the plan in the list, to get to the plan you want to edit.
  2. Choose Actions > Configure Plan.
  3. Click the Permissions tab.
  4. You can change plan permissions for the categories of users in the table below.
  5. Select (or clear) the check box for each permission that you wish to change for a user or group.
  6. Click Save.

For further reference please check Configuring a plan's permissions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

This doesn't really answer the question. This gives instructions on how to configure the permissions of each plan individually, but doesn't solve the problem that "Anonymous Users" and "Logged in users" are given access when a new plan is created. I assume that this means that it is not currently possible to change the default permissions that are granted when creating a new plan?

Hi Fernando,

thanks for the answer. Is there a way I (admin) can spare all my plan creators the trouble to uncheck "Anonymous" and "Logged In" in the plan permissions everytime they create a plan? These two perminssiones are globally enabled by default.

Best regards!

I think turning off Anonymous acesss might help

Anonymous access has always been turned off. Also "All logged in users" and "Anonymous users" have 'no rights' (i.e. a red icon with a white cross) configured in Administration->Global Permissions.

I also have this question. Both JIRA and Confluence have configurable default project/space permissions. Fisheye has configurable default repository permissions. It follows that Bamboo should have the same default permission configurability for plans.

same issue for me :(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

195 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you