Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change default user permissions

Rainer Lischetzki October 25, 2012

When I create a new plan in Bamboo, "Anonymous users" and "Logged in users" are always allowed to view the plan by the default permissions. Is there a way to change that?

4 answers

1 vote
FernandoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

Hi,

To change plan permissions:

1. Click Dashboard, then the All Plans tab, then the name of the plan in the list, to get to the plan you want to edit.
  2. Choose Actions > Configure Plan.
  3. Click the Permissions tab.
  4. You can change plan permissions for the categories of users in the table below.
  5. Select (or clear) the check box for each permission that you wish to change for a user or group.
  6. Click Save.

For further reference please check Configuring a plan's permissions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Ben Pettifer January 3, 2013

This doesn't really answer the question. This gives instructions on how to configure the permissions of each plan individually, but doesn't solve the problem that "Anonymous Users" and "Logged in users" are given access when a new plan is created. I assume that this means that it is not currently possible to change the default permissions that are granted when creating a new plan?

Sherryl Radbil November 1, 2018

Is there any change to this behavior? It is 2018 and I'm hoping there's a way to configure all plans to NOT give access to Anonymous and Logged in when the plan is created.

Like jeroen douwstra likes this
0 votes
IgorYastrebov September 25, 2014

same issue for me :(

0 votes
Chad Barnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

I also have this question. Both JIRA and Confluence have configurable default project/space permissions. Fisheye has configurable default repository permissions. It follows that Bamboo should have the same default permission configurability for plans.

0 votes
Rainer Lischetzki November 11, 2012

Hi Fernando,

thanks for the answer. Is there a way I (admin) can spare all my plan creators the trouble to uncheck "Anonymous" and "Logged In" in the plan permissions everytime they create a plan? These two perminssiones are globally enabled by default.

Best regards!

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2012

I think turning off Anonymous acesss might help

Rainer Lischetzki November 18, 2012

Anonymous access has always been turned off. Also "All logged in users" and "Anonymous users" have 'no rights' (i.e. a red icon with a white cross) configured in Administration->Global Permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events