Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to attach a file when triggering bamboo plan (Run Customized)

Raveendran Kumaravelu July 3, 2013

Hi,

Could you please advise me how to attach a file when triggering bamboo plan (Run Customized).

Scenario is:

We deploy bunch of applications on a WebLogic server. As part of pre-deployment preparation we generate a txt file with list of applications to be deployed. (deploy_app.txt). This is the default list file which list 50 applications.

What we would like to achieve is, when triggering bamboo plan, we would like to attach a file which subset (not all 50) of applications names (override_deploy_app.txt). If a build job finds a override file attached…job should consider override_deploy_app.txt for deployments (NOT the deploy_app.txt)

I can introduce a variable ${bamboo.varName} with comma separated values for selective deployments and do the check (if variable value is valid then override default)

But would like to know, is there a way to attach a file?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

0 votes
Raveendran Kumaravelu July 9, 2013

Thanks Michael for your inputs

Thanks Przemek for your suggestion, this is another way of doing it.

For my scenario, it would be easier for me to use variable

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2013

The easiest approach would be to store the file somewhere (e.g. on a http server). Then, in your build, you could download that file with wget and use for your build.

0 votes
Michael Ottati July 8, 2013

This is not an answer to your question, I am simply posting to agree with your requirement. I too have a similar issue for which the ability to attach a file to a customized plan would seem to be the perfect solution.

Our scenario is that we would like for users to be able to submit large XML files (3-10 MB in size) that a custom build plan would then process. Submitting this XML as an attachment would appear to be the most natural mechanism. The XML itself describes a test scenario which the build infrastructure then goes out and executes.

We too considered the use of properties but the size of the data that users would be required to paste into the property value seems excesive.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events